Search This Blog

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Yet Another Amazing Crystal Coast Fall

Looking Across Sound to Bogue Inlet & Bear Island
Fall is an amazing season here on the Crystal Coast.  If you ask residents, you would fine them in near unanimous agreement that fall is the best time of year.

My post, Fall Belongs to the Southern Coast, shows that I am in complete agreement.  The picture at the top of the post was taken October 1, 2014 from the dock at Hammocks Beach State Park.  The area from the dock to Bear Island on the right on the horizon is one of the most beautiful areas in the world.  It is one of my favorite places in the fall.

I have been writing about nice fall weather on the North Carolina coast is for a long time.  One of my earliest posts, That Fall Feeling, was written in 2008.  The next year I wrote, Savoring a Southern Fall.  A year later came Fall Pleasures on the Carolina Coast which was published on Saturday, October 09, 2010.   The next year on Saturday, November 12, 2011, I wrote Fall on the Crystal Coast.  We were gone to Canada in early fall of 2012, but I did manage to write, Quiet Waters in November of that year.   Sometimes it is hard to write about fall when summer is still hanging around like it did 2013.  Eventually I did manage a post entitled Fall On The Coast Hits Its Stride.

Fall is a great time of year at the coast, do not miss it.  A visit to the Crystal Coast in the fall can make the winter seem a lot shorter and show you that fall does not end when the leaves are gone from the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment